Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Oh, the gorgeous days of June



Flowers popping up everywhere - gorgeous. It's the first wave of wildflowers with lots of purples - lupine included. (that's bluebonnet for the Texans out there). I had to take another photo of my daffodils. A few didn't come up but all the ones that did have bloomed. (and no deer bothered them at all)

We went to a restaurant in CB that we haven't been to in 30 years. It's the other French restaurant called Soupcon. In all those years it's gone through probably 4 owners, and somehow we never went back. Anyway, this owner/chef is fabulous, the food wonderful, and the place is darling (still located down an alley off Elk). Only in Crested Butte does this work... One drawback - well, it's not inexpensive, so we'll go for special occasions...


Baby animals abound. This darling foal is on a farm  I drive by on Ohio Creek Rd frequently. And the massive amount of calves are everywhere. Cowboys are out hard at work rounding up and moving herds regularly. I think there's only so much trampling and fertilizing each field can take.

No elk or deer babies yet. I have eyes peeled and camera ready. Also no sign of bear anywhere around us, but I suppose that doesn't mean a thing. (I have my spray with me and a friend gave me a whistle, which I won't take unless I see some sign of something - there's a limit  to how much I want to carry around for my morning walk.
Mark is in Detroit this week-  back Friday to pick up my parents and bring them over for a few days. Hurray, we always enjoy their visit and I'll get to paint with Mom. Terribly inspiring for me and I can only hope to someday paint anything as well as she does.Planning on getting her expert advice on my paintings for my July exhibit. Time is marching by, and I have to be done and things all framed in the next few weeks. Pressure....

2 comments:

  1. I'm thinking that the French Chef at Spring Creek (Good Lord, does that sound just WRONG?) that put together Lis and Charles' reception was one of the first at Soupcon. Can that be right? His name...Jack, in French...perhaps Jacque?

    ReplyDelete