Thursday, April 7, 2011

Endings and moving as fast as I can

Things are wild and crazy around here. Inspections, appraisals, repairs - whoo hoo on the process selling a house. We are supposed to close the end of April  - it will be busy, busy until then. Happily our buyer wants our furniture, so one issue dealt with. And why do things all happen at the same time - some universal rule I'm not aware of? Mark won't be around very much for these last few weeks, due to a consulting job with GM and their OnStar division in, of course, Detroit. Gotta go where the needs are, ya know. Will be interesting commuting from Star Mt. ..


bird of paradise
 , My Tai Chi class ended abruptly coincidentally with my return from DC. My instructor realized with his various classes not enough money coming in and season is ending (i.e. hardly any people to sign up for the summer) Took a truck driving job and away he went. Sad... Hopefully I learned enough in 3 months to keep going. Tai Chi trained instructors are hard to find and definitely hard to find in Gunnison/Crested Butte.

Went to my art instructor's open studio night  last to see our class paintings displayed. What a fun display! Mine is second from the bottom on the right ( the bromeliads). Met other students from some of her other classes too - she draws the people. I will definitely miss her...
Had forgotten to put a book in. I've been reading, albeit a lot less...  Love this series - Drinker of Blood by Lynda S.Robinson. Egyptian murder mysteries. Gory title, but not really in the story...
And also forgot to give kudos to Mark for, drumroll, a hole in one!! First one for him, and as he says, "it's about time!"

1 comment:

  1. WHOA! What a great entry. So well-rounded, you are! Art, Tai Chi, relocation, new job, books, nature, travel, hole in one! Dang! Life doesn't get much better!

    Love to you both during transition,
    Lis

    p.s. my eye went directly to your painting! Yep!

    ReplyDelete