Friday, March 5, 2010

Tastings & swimming







Our weather will not stay warm, just keeps coming up with a day here & there in the normal range - a teaser. After my little homily about the beach, the very next morning had chilly temps and 35 mile an hr winds. Sand in the face is not quite as sublime...



Thought there was yet another baby ray that had been stranded on the beach til we flipped it over. Ha ha - a toy...



We went to a fun place yesterday, Naples Olive Oil Company. They import a ton of different olive oils along with various balsamic vinegars. We had a great salesman (yes, of course we bought some stuff) who led us through the tastings. My olive oil from my own (adopted for a year) tree in Italy, is almost gone; at least the lemon flavor we brought with us to Florida. (wonderful gift Heather & Tiffany!) We tasted a bunch before buying, walked out feeling as if I'd had a salad without the greens. The owner swears she lost 44lbs last year from taking 2 tbl of olive oil a day. Hmmm...


Finished book #18 Abide with Me by Elizabeth Strout. Boy, struggled to get through this one. It turned dark & swirly, and I didn't find the characters all that believable. It had been highly rated - only 2 star for me...



Lastly, I've had a minor catastrophe. I dropped my cell phone in the pool. Flung myself fully clothed to grab it. Must have been a pretty funny sight, but noone was here but me. Yes indeed, one of the more idiotic things I've done recently. It lays sadly on a table in pieces drying. My phone was very old, subconsciously maybe I wanted a new one?

2 comments:

  1. What I wouldn't have given to see you dive in after your phone! Are you numbers backed up? Get an iphone and be forever done with Sprint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Lisa - that must have been a funny sight! Also agree on the iPhone. I love mine! How is AT&T service down there??

    ReplyDelete