Saturday, March 20, 2010

Fun in the Sun and blooming things







Wow, I've just realized how long it's been since I posted. We had a very busy week with company. Love to have everyone! Mark's brother Paul, wife Sherry, & the kids (Krissy, James, Katie) spent the last few days with us. The weather, as has been the case for months now, was a little iffy to start, but ended with a bang, so we ended up having a great beach day for the finale.



It resulted in sunburn for some (hurray Blue Ice) and bumps & bruises for the skimboard guy (James). I'd never seen one before, but it looked fun (for him, not for me).



Finished book #21 - a fun book a friend lent me. Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley. English (it just happens I swear) set in the 1950's, with a precocious 11 year old solving a murder. His second one of this series has just come out. Cudos to the publisher for the title - kind of sucks you in...



I'm very excited to report that the orchids I planted outside when we left Naples last June (I couldn't think what else to do with them) not only all survived (you've gotta love the tropics) but one is now blooming. It did not get tender loving care, so I'm amazed.



No comments:

Post a Comment