Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Beach, birds, baby alligator, and a drone

Much quieter week since my last post. Really peaceful, allowing me time to work on my painting and writing. Needed to take a bit of time and work on the right side of the brain. The world's demands jump back in soon enough. 

A little bit of Miami as we transitioned back to from Key West. Quick for me though, I went right back to Naples where I've remained, while Mark went out on business travel and the rest in Miami.

Oooh, baby alligator right outside our lanai in the canal. Quite small, maybe two feet long. I saw him when I went out to feed our ugly duck. You know, the one that shows up most mornings, I've written about from time to time. He likes Mark best, which is ironic since I'm the one there more of the time.

Anybody else see something wrong with this? A drone hovering going up and down the beach
Back for another beach visit as it had been two weeks for me. Love this particular one a lot, its fairly wild and my nature fix. A substitute for the mountains, and those mountains, by the way, have been towering in their winter wildness. The massive snowfall really took a toll on people, roads, and businesses, including our house. We unfortunately had some deck damage from the snow but not structural thank goodness. Our wonderful guy  Brett who watches the house was out to do some hard labor shoveling and repair to at least get us through the winter. There's a lot more winter to come up there.

Tried the Zen Asian BBQ place again for lunch. We love the authentic ramen and a good choice for what turned out to be an unusual rainy day -outdoor plans were cancelled. Plan B is the way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment