Saturday, December 3, 2016

Fun family Thanksgiving and balmy Miami

Oops, I'm finally back. Back in Miami after a lovely Thanksgiving in Virginia, soon to be in Naples. Yes, it does feel like I've suddenly dropped into an alternate life. It's slightly disorienting for me and Mark should feel more so. He's been in a marathon of travel - Puerto Rico, Chicago, and Philadelphia somehow blended in with our travel as well.

Penny and Jules at their own table
Looks like a huge group for Thanksgiving, and in fact it was a lot bigger than our normal. Chris's family came too. Lots of fun and a great excuse to get us all together, doesn't happen often.

All those turkey day activities - brining, piles of desserts, and just hanging out.

I continue to see amazing skies on my early walk. This part of the island is quiet and peaceful even with an amazing amount of people walking their dogs. All sizes and breeds, and all well behaved and on leash. Do the high rises somehow promote good doggie behavior?

Manny the Cat alive and well outside the Mandarin
Green Iguana - a junior as it was only 2 1/2 feet long
Creatures out and about as I walked. Manny and the iguana were in two different places which is a good thing for the iguana I think. Still small enough to be at risk from a predator. (Manny) They are an invasive species, strictly herbivores, and grow to 6ft long.

Japanese/Spanish fusion - run by Michelin Star Chef Ricardo Sanz
Brazilian Fire in the foreground, Tacos and Ceviche behind
Tucked back away from the hustle and bustle of the downtown streets are some amazing food vendors. I walked at a later time than normal and poof, magic food trucks. Anyone see the movie Chef? Love, love that movie which depicts Miami street food in part. It's a class above the rest. I'd already eaten otherwise I would have jumped at one of these.

Holiday fever abounds even in tropical Miami. We don't decorate as we'll go back up to Virginia for the holiday but it's around us anyway.

1 comment:

  1. So great to see the Adams and the Walkers. I could use some more of those cutie girls and their beautiful Nana though! Pretty please!

    ReplyDelete