Wednesday, July 20, 2016

The swift moving summer

A brief period of calm and quiet for me which I enjoy a lot, but eventually get itchy and want Mark back. Happily he's back Saturday for another 2 weeks, and we'll have company next week -long time great friends Brett and Maria from Miami. Excited to show them our special place.

Here are a couple of photos of budding artist Penny that got lost in the overall wedding frenzy. The one on the left is Penny's version of Krissy and Calvin's wedding as she imagined it would be. Her first wedding, as she solemnly told me. Love it!

Part of the last big group (24) of mommy and calf elk to be seen on Star Mt. until fall.
The bucks that like to hang out in our yard
The deer are overly interested in the hammock - don't know why
Flap, naughty Flap who has, in a few stealth moves, eaten all my daylilies
Lots of animal activity happening. Nature continues on while we humans dither about.

Baby grouse - so precious
Never fear, mommy grouse is there albeit a little far for my liking
Uncommon wildflower Mariposa Lily blooming right on schedule
Summer is moving fast which is always the case, but I wish it would slow down just a little. Love, love this time of year.

Made it to the CB farmer's market. First time this summer and it's always glorious. Farm eggs, greens, organic bread.Yum. Went over the pass and boy it was busy. Cars coming and going, and photographers out with tripods and long lenses. It's wildflower festival time.

For those who were wondering, the hummingbirds are back in force after disappearing for a bit, and all 4 big boy feeders are up. I'm going through sugar like crazy. Man, these pets are work!

Of course these aren't in the wildlife category, instead our domesticated pile of steers roaming all over Star Mt. I'm a bit worried about this year's bunch. They seem to be a little lacking in normal instincts, as in cattle generally don't wander off singularly - it is wild here with predators. These guys are marching off by themselves - a lot. On a happy note, our new cattle guard is working beautifully keeping them out and letting us in without opening a gate. Upper driveway next year.

Lastly, I've been told more than once people hardly ever see me in any photos. It's a hard one when I'm taking most of them. This was taken by Heather at the wedding and so I do exist after all...

No comments:

Post a Comment