Friday, April 29, 2016

And goodbye to Naples for a bit

We're down to the last day before flying to CO. Summer temps are arriving and it'll be 90 today. All has gone quiet and I see only a few people on my morning walk. As I speak it's snowing in Crested Butte- not a substantial amount but still... I've changed my travel outfit twice now. It's below freezing every night still. A transition to be sure.

Cuban Knight Anole
Odd little creatures popping out here and there. This handsome fellow ran past our lanai and jumped in a plant that, how clever creatures are, matched him exactly. The photo doesn't show it, but this was a big boy, about 14 inches long. They are non-native aka invasive creatures from Cuba but haven't read any terrible warnings on disastrous consequences from their invasion. Different from say, pythons. I hear about those all the time here.

 Only had a few days this week to get everything done to leave. I went to Austin for a long planned Martha Beck conference (a life coach/enlightenment sort of experience)  which was fantastic but then had to cram in all the minutia of regular life. And mine is weird right? Is it Naples, is it Miami, is it Colorado? Not complaining just commenting.

Back to you from that wonderful place of all places - Star Mt.


No comments:

Post a Comment