Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Dwindling days for snow fun

Oh my we only have three days left. How did this happen? No new snow at all this trip. Pretty amazing. Hope a good storm comes before the springbreakers!

There have been many bald eagle sightings but they're hard to catch on camera.Thank goodness I had my long lens. They are around for the winter and then off to Canada or Alaska. Still winter here folks. Lots of elk sightings too, they're all around just not on Star Mt. I still scratch my head over that one. Mamas will come back to have their babies in June right in our very woods. I plan to be here for that too - missed it last year.

We zipped up to Taylor Reservoir and yes, there were fishermen at the hog trough, and no, there were no ice fishermen at all. Odd. It was mild for up there, 10 degrees at the top. We've been up there when it was -13.

Burnpile! Winter is of course the safest time to do this and it took some work for the guys to get it started, but as you can see aflame it was. We're not allowed to burn on our individual property so this is on the common area for everyone to add to throughout the year.

Lots of snowshoeing but new animal tracks have been few and far between. My path is getting a little sloshy in the warm and clear blue sky weather, but enjoy it so much anyway. It's whisper quiet in the middle of those woods. I'm soaking it in for the reentry into crowded Naples space.

Made it to one our favorite restaurants - Soupcon in CB. That darling little restored cabin in an alley off the main road. Great gourmet food and well worth the pretty hefty cost. So sorry Heather you didn't make it! As she said, this was a trip not meant to be, at least for her this winter. She's now recovering from bronchitis.

We crammed in what we could. Had neighbors over for Mark's paella - yum and Mark did made it up one day to ski on the mountain. No cross country happened for either of us, he had tons of work commitments, and interestingly I had a bit of work of my own that took up time. Mine's unpaid and volunteer, who's the smart one here?

And that's the winter visit. I'll be back to you from tropical Naples next.

No comments:

Post a Comment