Thursday, October 8, 2015

Goodbye Star Mt. hello Florida

As promised, one more fall photo extravaganza. We went to Owl Creek Pass, a hefty drive as it's closer to Montrose than in our neck of the woods. In the meantime, we've had a dusting of snow on the peaks and temps finally dropped to freezing this morning. That's a long way from winter, but at least it doesn't feel quite so silly putting up the snow fence and moving the deck snowblower up.

Owl Pass still had lots of color and mobs of leaf watchers, including a photo group with every long lens imaginable, tripods and serious people, really serious. I weaved in and out of the spreadout group with my small camera and no tripod. I think my photos are presentable even so.Thse rock formations are spectacular. Fun day.

In the space of one day, heard the bear cub was sighted again at our neighbors (is there a mama? if not I worry about the winter survival), a great horned owl swooped up on our roof peak hoo hooing, Flap showed up with her one fawn, and I heard elk bugling on my walk. Not close mind you, but still.

We're almost ready to leave. What a crazy transition this will be. Florida is still very hot and life will be a bit faster pace. Next post will be from Naples...

1 comment:

  1. You outdid yourself with this photos. They take my breath away! Miss knowing you are close by. :(

    ReplyDelete