Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Florida pleasure

Crazy tropics here. Do not leave anything out wet - ever. Mold and mildew will descend faster than you can say the words. On the the other hand, how amazing that I tucked perishable orchids under a palm tree and foliage last June, Pulled them out when I arrived and not just surviving but one is already blooming. Love it.

Mark has been in and out. Kinda like a shadow figure... We did take some time to go to lunch (Counter Burger) and then a movie before he had to head out. The Intern - very funny, laugh out loud, and also poignant moments as well. Worth going!

Great fun, I went to a risotto cooking class two minutes from me at Sur La Table. Lively group, good food, and I'm inspired to try some new things. Oh, weirdly, there was another Gretchen in the class. This never happens. She was visiting and brought her host, another chef - Jane of Jane's Cafe here. Also never happens... A sign of some sort that I don't get...

Weather is turning nice and the doors and windows are flinging open. Ah, the Florida season begins...

The art entertainment continues. I of course signed up for classes before we even got down here, as my friend and amazing art teacher Patty has a large following and a waiting list. So, class today was a "paint around". So much fun. Everyone starts at their own and then moves to painting on each of the others. A combo magnificent painting for each one of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment