Thursday, August 20, 2015

Ohhh Santa Fe

I know I'm overdue but the wild and crazy Santa Fe trip came into play. This post will be a lot of photos and I didn't even get pictures of everything I should have. My excellent adventure with Lisa was a whirlwind and my head's still spinning.

Within half an hour of arriving off we went to a book signing and talk by Dr. Robyn Benson at a very fun enormous metaphysical book store. How to keep yourself healthy travelling - good topic I say. Then Charles zipped us off to Coyote Cantina to meet Nancy and Rodney. Superwoman Nancy is in marvelous recovery from breast cancer.

And, oh nearly forgot, the impromptu band on the street. Thanks for ordering that up Lisa!

The connected houses - :Lisa's is behind - common concept in SF
labyrinth
vortex
Next morning I walked on the gorgeous path outside their housing community. Santa Fe river with not much river since it's diverted into the reservoirs but so pretty. And very much the special flavor of Santa Fe. The little park includes a labyrinth, vortex sacred place, along with expected things like drinking fountains and benches.

A little shopping for me, haircut for Lisa, followed by lunch at the Teahouse on Canyon Rd, an institution in Santa Fe. Lovely lunch with a choice of tea called Monk's blood after studying the many pages of teas they had available.

On to Lisa's gallery (Bill Hester Gallery) of which there is no photo, apparently we had become a little dithery by this point, and also Waxlander gallery, her old employer, both of them full of wonderful artists (of course Lisa's art is at the top of the list).



Can you believe it, it was time for eating again. This event for a very late lunch/early dinner at Izanomi, the restaurant at the Spa. Ten Thousand Waves I'm talking about. The place I've heard about for 5 years now. That I was so excited to go and have whatever done, you know, spa stuff. The restaurant opened last year, eagerly anticipated and was really good. Our spa treatments were scheduled to start at 5pm hence the restaurant first. And there are no spa photos. There are probably never any spa photos. Clothes locked away, kimono on, and outdoor hot tub, massages, facial, lemon water, zen music, meditation rooms, well you get the picture. I would of, if I could of, taken a picture of Lisa when we met up after her head to toe massage. She was on another planet and I thought I needed to reintroduce myself or wave fingers in her face. Now that is a transformative massage.

Made it to Georgia 'Keeffe museum finally, a side Indian market (the international one that attracts thousands upon thousands downtown started today, and the impressive pottery studio next door. Stay tuned: Heather is flying in tomorrow and we have a pottery throwing class scheduled. Lisa wanted to give me the flavor of the thing...

Odd woman taking selfies and repeating at many concerts according to Lisa and Charles
And a finale with the quintessential outdoor concerts on the plaza. Whee, the characters were there. And yes, the crowd was an older one. And you mean what by that reaction?
Fun times in a very short space of time. Love and thank you Lisa. I will be back!



No comments:

Post a Comment