Thursday, March 14, 2013

Great times at Star Mt.

Much winter fun happening here. Lots of skiing (downhill) and snowboarding (James) for the guys. And, no, I was not participating, if you're wondering. I let the guys do their thing.

Great weather and lots of melting suddenly happening. We still need snow to be up to normal levels, maybe another good storm is still a possibility before the month's over.

up Ohio Pass
So the snowmobiling did happen and I now understand what the fuss is all about. It was lots of fun! Mark, Ralph, and I went up around Irwin and even zipped up the back side of Ohio Pass. Breathtaking scenery. Those machines go awfully fast, although being my usual cautious self, did not max out on speed. Thanks Ralph for bringing your two! (rented a third). Paul, James, and Ralph went off today to snowmobile - watch out for James!

tiny rodent tracks
Snowshoeing is challenging, this time for a different reason - melting makes slippery tracks. If you go off the path at all, you slide straight down 3 feet. Glad I've been wearing snowpants - jeans do not go with wet snow...

We've started hearing coyote howling in the night, and the fox are out and about. Saw the first bluebird back yesterday - spring's a comin', although not a bit of green will show up until the beginning of May.

Everyone leaves tomorrow and it's been grand. I took a pic last night at dinner so I could prove they were all here. Much coming and going this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment