Saturday, December 4, 2010

Nature's gifts

A little chilly here - jacket needed for beach walk. And a little quiet - lots of people are elsewhere until the holidays. It was pretty much solitary me to discover the amazing gift that appeared on the sand. Dozens and dozens of sand dollars of all sizes that the waves had deposited everywhere. On my path were at least 75 and I stuffed my pocket with as many as it would hold. Wow, doesn't that mean good luck or something, maybe winning the lottery? Of course I'd have to actually buy a lottery ticket for that to happen...

spider waiting for breakfast
Finished my second Kindle book. I love this thing! There's something almost magical about finding a book online, pushing one button, and poof, 10 seconds later it's available to read. And the hundreds and hundreds of free books (classics mostly) make it even more fun (thank you Heather for the hint!) Anyway, part of that classic list - book #57: A Traveler in Wartime by Winston Churchill (not the famous one preceded by "Sir"- yes, mistake of mine). However, very interesting view of WWI from an American journalist. Weird to read that everyone thought this was the war to end all wars - had an urge to whisper - look out, number II is coming...

No comments:

Post a Comment