Friday, December 17, 2010

Brrr and small creatures

Goodness, time is flying by. Everybody ready for the holidays?  It still doesn't seem very holidayish here, but I'm bound and determined to be happy fa la la anyway... Look at the empty beach, mine all mine...

Crazy weather here, had to use all my extra sheets to cover the flowers for frost protection. Not supposed to ever get to that magic 32 around here, but we did. When I brought the sheets back in and went to put them in the wash, a surprise for me. Big 3 inch spider, obviously not happy to see me either. Out she went back to the yard. I looked her up and she is a orbweaver (great name) and yes, definitely the female (males of this species are teeny weeny) and in case you were worried - non -poisonous.


Gorgeous weather back (78) and I am enjoying before it dips again (possibly Christmas). The cold weather affected even the shell life. There were thousands of conchs littering the beach this morning. All alive and thrown up on the sand after going into their version of hypothermia. And yes I like to "save" things, but I'd need a dozer machine to pick all these up. Feast for the birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment