Saturday, November 6, 2010

Starfish, crab, and digital reading

My birthday dinner was fabulous - the restaurant is always consistantly good. It's a darling place that flings me back to Paris. Heather & I found it first!
Weather is finally not so hot, but now dropped below normal. I had to walk at 49 degrees this morning - oh poor pitiful me... Fun beach finds today. Two star fish, and of course I threw them back. If you followed me last year down here I had a not so fun experience with a starfish I took home. Thought it was dead, and instead it gave me a bloody print on a towel as it was expiring. Sooo, always throw them back...



The crab photo is a calico crab. You don't see them whole very often, although this one looks like it's been through the wringer before landing on the beach. Shelling is not good yet. It seems to have its own mysterious cycles which happened last year, so I'll be patient. Actually I'm in need of a new container for shells -we've filled up 4 vases to the brim.
I am the proud owner of a Kindle courtesy of Heather & Tiffany for my birthday. I've been on the fence about this digital book thing, but I really like it so far. Very sexy cute & the battery life is amazing (will last a month) and Heather gave me a tip on downloading free books (classics, not hot off the press stuff, but that's still okay). This will never replace regular books for me but is a nice addition. Stephen King says it's just words after all, the method is not the important thing.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, some real finds on the beach. Will look forward to hearing how you enjoy Kindle! Great gift!

    ReplyDelete