Thursday, November 11, 2010

Patriotism, company, and loads of juicy paint

Happy Veteran's Day
Loved these flags at the beach this morning. I'd forgotten we have a huge contingent of veterans of all types here.

Anticipating company tomorrow - and the weather prediction for the next few days is perfect, 80 and sunny. Fun to be had!
We watch Star Mt. weather which is a little bit of snowflakes swirling around.  Where do I want to be - oooh, hard, don't ask me...

Photo today of the Royal Poinciana tree. It's a drop dead gorgeous tree with fiery coral blossoms that we see on the morning walk to the beach. Thought we'd lost them due to the below freezing temps early in the year, but they are hardier than I knew.
Art class is done, but I'm so inspired by the instructor, Patty Kane, I'll be signing up for another session. After moaning about sloshy paint and doing endless pears, I have, it seems, imprinted some new techniques in the brain as I started new regular paintings. I promise to post a couple of pics. Feel free to comment.

Having issues with getting this post done. This is the third attempt, so forgive me if it's a little jumbled. Between regular errands, etc. I've been trying to schedule workmen for various small repairs around the house. Small being the key word here. No one it seems, wants to do "small" jobs, so they're either not calling me back, not showing up, or: a fun one, making a small job into a big one via the bid. Hmmm...I'll persevere anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Will keep pressing you until you actually post some art!! Do it!! :) Also, am sharing your blog with some other big readers. Don't be surprised when you have some new followers, as I have praised your taste in books. Well, I praise the dirt beneath your feet. Love you so much.

    ReplyDelete