Monday, September 13, 2010

Breathing in that mountain air




A good day on Star Mt. consists of: bright blue sky & sunshine (I know we don't win any "first" in number of sunshine days here, but we've got to be in the top ten), and my ability to miss most of the new manure that has appeared on the road out. Yes, I know, icky, but a daily endeavor with the cows still here. Another 2 weeks & they should be gone, if last year is any indication. Anyway, all things after that are gravy.
Fall happenings: haying is still going on with a vengence, limited time left to get it rolled and stored. Love how it looks, especially since I am not doing any of this work. Since Mark mowed down our dreaded wheat grass the chipmunks have been going crazy over it. A frenzy of wheat - including a little contest I am having with a chipmunk on the front porch. I sweep, and within 30 minutes, he comes back and spreads wheat all over. What's this about?
More company coming. Mark flew back today to Denver from a golf trip in Vermont and passed by CO Springs to pick up my parents and bring them back here. Very efficient use of time I'd say. They'll be here soon, staying for a few days. My mother is bringing her paints, which excites me, since I enjoy painting too, but she is wildly talented and no doubt I will be inspired.
Little picture of Flap. I've become attached, as you can tell. Solo again...

1 comment:

  1. So excited to see the painting that you and your mom do while she is there. She is such a wonderful mentor/teacher. I am amazed how she is able to critique your stuff and you are able to improve from her expert advice. She is SO gifted. Enjoy your parents and we will see you in a few days!

    ReplyDelete