Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Fantasy land around us & fantasy in the theatre




Another great day in winter wonderland. We have snow flurries in the air happening right now. More snowshoeing today and new animal tracks appeared in our path overnight. Nice we made a highway for the animals... New tracks around the house as well - we think maybe there was interest in Mark's grilling last night. Can you believe it - grilling at 0 degrees. Hearty man!
I shake my head over the horses & cattle out in extreme cold that we drive by almost every day. They seem perfectly fine - just need their hay. So that's what all that haying was for this fall...
We went to see Avatar at the new movie theater in Gunnison. It's at Western State and very nice. The movie was amazing and I recommend it if you haven't seen it. The special effects are terrific and it's a great story. (And, we got to wear 3D glasses).
Can't believe the year is almost over. We plan to go up to Crested Butte on New Year's Eve to watch the torchlight parade that skiers do coming down the mountain. It seemed very appropriate. This is the busiest week of the year on the ski mountain so we should be there with lots of company.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah...in the summer I always think.."If I were a cow, I would choose CB for my residence. Now, in the winter, as a cow, I say, "notsomuch"!

    ReplyDelete