Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Celebration, River Otter, and Tai Chi

 


A busy week of all sorts of things including a contract on our rental condo here. I think (hope) this will not jinx the sale by mentioning it. It will be a relief to say bye bye and a nice place for someone else.





Happy Birthday to me. My dinner at a very special place in Naples - Turtle Club. They have done well during the COVID crisis with all their beautiful outside dining - actually had the best summer on record. Not many places like this with fabulous food, service, view to die for, and sand between your toes.


First river otter sighting of the season. They are curious and playful but also fearful. They hiss if startled. There have been so many startling things going on this year I'm surprised all humans haven't started hissing.





I tracked down my old Tai Chi instructor and have started the practice back up again. Danly is originally from China and teaches the authentic form. Currently teaching outside at a quaint park north of me with artist workshops, and kayak rentals for the river nearby. Boy, am I rusty. It's been 4 years and I have a lot of catching up to do. If you're not familiar it's great for core strength, balance, and activating Qi (our healing energy).



My last two photos are a little odd I know. It's the excitement of having a Trader Joe's close by. Heard about the green dragon hot sauce and grabbed it. Oh my, where has this been all my life - great stuff. And this is the first compostable bag I've come across in a grocery store. What a giant leap forward for the environment. Kudos to you Trader Joe's, hopefully everybody else will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment