Saturday, June 16, 2018

Charleston with Penny and Juliet

The whirlwind trip to Charleston has come and gone. Penny, Jules, and I had a fabulous time. Lots to do to keep ourselves busy while mommy and daddy were in Australia. Penny had summer camp and Jules her preschool so I wasn't the sole entertainment. The wonders of modern day tech- Tiffany and Chris talked to the girls everyday via Facetime. Their breakfast morning time and our early evening.

Nice observation tower for broad views of the low country
I'm still finding rare creatures wherever I go, this one was a mud salamander -pretty strange looking
Mark came in the middle for the weekend which was tremendous. We had a trip to a new park, the beach, and their favorite ice cream store.

Mark and I made it to a historical soul food restaurant in N. Charleston after I had picked him up from the airport. Bertha's Kitchen. Located in a industrial railroad track area, this female run turquoise little building is an institution started in 1981 by Bertha. She has since passed away, but her female relatives have kept it going strong in the decades since. Last year it was given a prestigious James Beard American Classic award. I had collard greens, fried chicken, cornbread, and red rice and Mark substituted fried fish and mac n cheese in his mix. Not my normal but good stuff.



Cow and cat moves
Yoga practice for the girls. I was trying to get things calmed down for bedtime. Had some limited success but they liked the yoga anyway.


Yes, the tide does fluctuate that much!
Such a beautiful little park  just a mile from Tiff's townhouse. Was a part of old 1700's plantation at one time.

The neighborhood homes on my walk to the park are just spectacular. New made to look old, and the low country style is gorgeous.

An impromptu dance concert from Jules and Penny. We should all go back to being so free...

A last lunch with the weary jet lagged travelers back from down under. Saltwater Cowboy - great seafood and barbecue with dolphin and manatee sightings as entertainment. Charleston is a great town, no doubt about it!

Now back to Florida but only for a short few days. We fly back to Star Mt. the 23rd. Can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. So glad I remembered to go to your blog to see your pics! I especially love the one of your beauties dancing!

    ReplyDelete