Saturday, May 13, 2017

Penny and Jules come to Florida

Yes I know, its been quite awhile since I posted. Back! Just had a most wonderful visit with Tiffany and the girls. It was all about water- beach or pool happened every day they were here.

Penny and Jules made friends, sort of, with our ugly duck - "Duckie". Sorry, that's the best name we've come up with on that particular duck. They helped feed him breakfast every morning. He stayed around most of the day hoping someone would forget he'd been fed and hand out more. Bread and peas. Peas, you ask?, yup. I've read they're better for the waterfowl than bread. He, for the record, likes both.

You just can't have too much stuff for the beach. Well, we maxed it anyway - the trunk was full. And a warning, if you pack sandwiches for the beach, no matter how hard you try to avoid it you will be eating sand.

Shadow play
Gorgeous weather for our beach adventures and not too crowded. Penny was very much the brave swimmer and shell seeker on this trip. Jules was a little scared of the waves after her first and only trek in caught her a little off balance. Sand castle play for her was just fine.

We did stop in for ice cream for an on land trip. Can't come to Florida and not do that!

Had the pool almost to ourselves both times we went out. Very nice. Oddly I'm realizing there's not one photo of Mark or myself. I can assure you we were there! No beach or pool time for Mark, as he had work calls at the house, but he still got in some great visiting time.

Beach and pool time is exhausting dontcha know. And now they're already gone and back home. Hope to see them at Star Mt. this summer. My mind is starting to wander that direction as I have only three weeks until I go back. Mark visits a bit later. A study in extremes - Naples and Star Mt.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you didn't make us wait to see these pics. How darling those girls are (all of them!)

    ReplyDelete