Monday, April 17, 2017

Musings from Naples

Checking back in. I'm in Naples with some gorgeous days but the summer heat is beginning to creep back in. Yoga class is suddenly not nearly so crowded, but this week I've noticed a lot of family groups everywhere I go, so I think we have the last of the spring/holiday crowd around. It's a great place to visit after all.

It's mating season for alligators and at the same time baby ducks are appearing in every waterway around us. Happily I think the alligators are too occupied to pay attention. That's Florida.

My early morning walks have become quieter, and season end parties, last golf and tennis tournaments,are all happening now, and car carrier trucks are back to gather up the snowbirds' cars and drive them back north. Restaurants are suddenly easier to get into, which is very nice. Back to Charred with friends over the weekend. Hunka hunka steak - great stuff!


Caught the full moon from a few days ago. For me always compelling and just magical.


One of many bunnies that are suddenly everywhere
Night Heron
People are leaving by the dozens, which includes our upstairs Canadian neighbors.We remain, and I will be in Naples until June. Mark will continue to travel between Naples and Miami, and then fly over to Star Mt. on a regular basis all summer and fall. Same plan as last year. Time is moving very fast all of a sudden. I have lots of projects going that are keeping me busy and I'll talk about those as I get a little bit further in. Suffice to say, writing is involved, lots of it. Happy spring everyone!

2 comments: