Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Whiplash from Naples to Miami

And it's back to balmy breezes, swaying palm trees, and white sand beaches. This messes with my mind and the wardrobe. The crazy thing is I leave again in a couple days for Virginia for a family visit. So what, I say scratching my head, clothes am I to pull out for there? I think spring is coming but maybe a touch early. I'll figure it out.

These precious little things appeared on my morning walk. These are baby ugly ducks, which are not cute as adults but isn't it a truth the young are so sweet in any form.

Made it to the beach which kind of looks like my beach right? Au contraire, its just I go early and as the crowds start to come in later, I disappear. Slight shifts are happening which say spring around here but they're hard to spot. The winter seabirds have left so the beach is quieter.

Next, off to Miami for the weekend. Mark had an event and I came over to join him. Hopping town as usual. This time the ULTRA music festival, which was right across the water from us, 55,000 people a day, traffic jams, and very loud techno music..all weekend. No, we didn't go. I think we needed to be at least 30 years younger maybe more. Great dinner out with friends at a new restaurant, the Big Easy, owned in part by golfer Ernie Els and was great south African food. Then on to a Sunday Peruvian brunch at the Mandarin Oriental which is within walking distance of our condo. Amazing food, love it all!

Your eyes are not deceiving you - those are peacocks. On my walk in downtown Miami, there they were, a flock of peacocks wandering around with high rises looming. I just looked it up and it's either an ostentation of peacocks or a muster of peacocks. Who knew.... Anyway, no one else was paying a bit of attention but I caught a photo. You never know what you're going to see.

Manny the cat was out on my walk. He thrives and still has his food and water bowls filled every day. Nice life if you can get it...

Two different mornings of water views and it never gets old. Back to you after my VA trip. Should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment