Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Balmy weather and lots of food

Back to just enjoying the great weather and relaxed lifestyle here. It's still full blown season with traffic to match.

On to food which is what this post is mostly about. I went gallery hopping last week with good friends Andrea and Andy followed by dinner at a new restaurant The French. Lovely bistroish interior with indoor and outdoor seating. Really good food, very crowded, but worth another visit.
Mark and I went to our newly joined club to check out the regular menu as we have so far only been for a couple special events. Not so good for me anyway, at least the meat temperature - first raw and then overdone. Ewww. Oh well, we'll try again.

On the home front, I've tried a couple of new recipes that were outstanding both, interestingly, not from a regular cookbook but a memoir/recipe book: A Homemade Life by Molly Wizenberg.
I've done her slow roasted tomatoes which sound so nothing but they are fabulous. You can use them in all kinds of things. You cook halved Roma tomatoes drizzled with olive oil, salt, and Italian seasoning in a 200 degree oven for 6 hrs. Yup, you read that right. It puts the tomatoes in a sweet, juicy leaning towards sun dried tomato taste without the high cost.
Next, her ground chicken, pine nut, cilantro meatballs with lemon yogurt sauce. I served this with spiralized zucchini, Yum. She had a follow up book which I will probably read where her husband opens a restaurant. Naturally.

I finally made it to the Purple Spoon Culinary, a true organic farm to table part time restaurant,part time cooking class, and farmer's market owned by chef Kristina. The farmer's market is only on Wednesday afternoons and it's quite the hike from my place, but soooo worth it. Veggies, farm eggs, cheese came home with me.

Out the door to go get Heather at the airport. She's here for a short visit for a little r & r. So excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment