Friday, October 14, 2016

And back to Naples

I am back in the land of swaying palm trees, perfectly sculptured landscapes maintained by massive crews, and heat and humidity. It will be some weeks before the perfect 70's are here. And I was wearing hat, gloves, and jacket to walk at Star Mt. right before we left.

I was excited to see river otters but I don't think they were excited to see me
Cuban Anole lizard - non native and mighty large - this one was 14"
So far I've seen a giant lizard, otters, ducks, rabbits, and assorted tropical birds. Mark has moved a small lizard from inside to outside, and a teeny tiny frog has hopped away from me and hidden itself somewhere in the condo, otherwise we would save that too. Do not know how they get in. Quite a different landscape in every way from Star Mt.

Tiny yoga class next to me - a reminder to sign back up for classes
Of course went marching to the beach as soon as I could. Very quiet, season is not yet upon us and the weather has been surprisingly mild. This mile long beach is a 5 minute drive, public and nicely maintained, and the price of admission has gone down, not up. Where does that happen?

Bird of Paradise
Orienting back to this way of life as it will be the constant for a number of months to come. Already had dinner at a favorite (Nemo's) seafood restaurant with good friends and plan on exploring more. We're getting a jump on those restaurants that are good but do not handle seasonal crowds well. Some sadly will have to be avoided until the madness has diminished. Miami next week with Mark. Another kind of adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment