Sunday, December 8, 2013

Beachy stuff and Xmas shopping




The Christmas season is upon us, and as predicted, I'm scrambling since the time between Thanksgiving and Xmas is shortened this year. Pretty Florida version of holiday cheer, don't you think (and this shopping center is literally a mile away- good thing I am not a shopping addict).




We have 12 days before packing up and heading to Virginia. 12 DAYS! An amazing feat will be collecting all our possessions we either brought with us or felt was necessary to purchase, mainly for the kitchen here. Even though it was all nicely redone with updated appliances, granite, etc. we don't believe the owners are really cooks. I mean, as in no measuring spoons, measuring cup, dull edgeless knives.


Goal to meet before leaving: learn all 24 moves in my Tai Chi class. Probably not happening, but I'll give it the all fired attempt. No Tai Chi back at home sadly. It's an amazing 1,000 year old discipline - excellent for balance, core and quietening the mind, in my case always a good thing...




We continue to have falling snow at Star Mt., should be interesting to go back. Crested Butte is a tad giddy over the difference from last year to this. Lots of snow is normal there, and cold, reeaally cold temps, something I need to remember.

















In the meantime love my walks to the beach every morning, and no lie, will miss those. See dolphins most mornings, saved a seahorse (well hoping, it was alive and I threw it back in the water), tracking down the now elusive otters (only seeing their wet paw prints on the path), saved a frog (another "maybe" had to pry his little sucky feet off the pavement), and watching those amazing sea birds.


Intense golf days have been happening for Mark. Our old club in MD has a guys golf trip down to Naples every year. Nice way to catch up.


I have two more art classes, also a great way to keep my hand in the painting. My latest, inspired by the water lilies outside. Sorry about the sideways - tech issue.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment