Thursday, August 22, 2013

Fun in Seattle

Apologies all around, I thought I would get to a post before I left for Seattle, but time got away from me.

Back now and fun times were had in Seattle. Great visit with my mother, sister, nieces, and brother in law. Trip to the wine country,  fun dinners out, ferry to Bainbridge Island, visit to one of the locks,and shopping. Water, water everywhere and great weather (rainy season is just around the corner).

Beautiful Sunday afternoon with loads of people with the same idea. There was even a live classical music happening in the park.

Anne and Bing - the energizer dog
Anne's (my sister) neighborhood is a fantastic eclectic mix of cute stores, coffee shops, and homes with all that wonderful character that older neighborhoods have. Even a Tibetan Buddhist monastery...ummmmm.

dungeness crabs
Berry time!
Great fun in a wonderful grocery store. - Central Market. Could have bought a lot in there...

While Mark was on his fishing trip catching salmon in Alaska, Jean (my brother in law) was also on a fishing trip - a charter trip off the Seattle coast. Salmon, salmon, salmon. He brought back beautiful king salmon fillets. None for me sadly, I was leaving...
Next post will have some of Mark's fishing trip photos. He had a great time in the wilds of Alaska. A little too primitive for me...


No comments:

Post a Comment