Monday, February 11, 2013

Winter marches on

Everyone made it back home after leaving here in a blowing snowstorm to drive to Denver and catch their flight. Well, it's still winter. Make a plan and cross fingers. Heather, Jay, Amanda, and Penn - loved having you!

Made it back out to cross country ski, and amazingly after two weeks of not, somehow drastically improved technique - can only give downhill skiing the credit even though they're quite different.

Reward for effort lunch at Ginger Cafe - another Asian restaurant in CB. Fun.

We think we're leaving town tomorrow, Mark to St. Louis and me driving to CO Springs. Same plan that fell through two weeks ago. Been snowing off and on today, but lightly and supposed to be all clear tomorrow. As I said above, still winter and a lot left for us here...

roaming coyote
Ended up a little overwhelmed by my classes this week, in particular genetics. The math is going to kill me, although somehow I'm doing well on the quizzes. I spent too much time having fun with everyone. And, yes, I could walk away from every one of the classes - not in my makeup - crazy I know...

Books read: Instead of a Letter by Diana Athill - great memoir by a longtime British editor who's still going strong (she's 95!), and Rules of Civility by Amor Towles, great fiction set in NY in the 1920's and 30's.

Off to class tonight with our lively professor. I'm rethinking my penchant for sitting in the front row of classrooms - he likes to bop random arms to emphasis a point while lecturing...probably a longtime habit to wake up students - I promise I'm awake and listening!


No comments:

Post a Comment