Friday, December 7, 2012

Sunrise, friends, wildlife, and Cuban food

Sunrise on my walk
As I sit in the lanai with my blooming flower pots (in December!), watching the turtles sunbathe on the rocks by the lake, I listen to a woman close by hidden by 6 foot hedges speak in her cell phone in lyrical Italian.

I want to send a ciao over to her. Can't though, it would probably scare her to death, in lieu of that, make her rethink everything she was just saying so loudly. Ciao is about it for me, so she's safe. I am amazed at the amount of different languages spoken around here. This small city certainly has a cosmopolitan feel. And it's not even full season yet. We'll be gone by then back to the place closest  our heart - Star Mountain.

Tommy Bahama with Joann, Gloria, and Joan
Some art class for me, some golf for Mark - our old club from Maryland has sent 35 guys down to Naples for the annual winter trip and Mark's invited. Some of the wives are down also, so I had a nice reunion lunch today.Ladies who lunch, wow, haven't been a member of that club in awhile.

Mark and I made it back to Fernandez the Bull - GREAT Cuban food since 1985.The yummy slow roasted pork recipe courtesy of Bunny came from this very restaurant. I didn't even know I liked Cuban food until a couple years ago.

We sit outside and watch the activity in the lake for cocktail hour before sunset. Ducks, turtles, anhingas, egrets, herons, and a mystery huge fish. Mark is dying over it as its at least two and a half feet long, and swims by leisurely every night. He thinks it looks like a small tarpon. He hasn't pulled out the rod yet, better get on it before we've run out of time.








1 comment:

  1. You look soooo pretty. Is that a dress you are wearing when lunching? Love it!

    ReplyDelete