Thursday, September 27, 2012

Red, yellow, and gold magnificance

So of course choosing to take my iphone instead of the regular camera since it was low clouds and drizzle this morning for the woods walk, I saw an elk. First one in weeks in the woods, and while the iphone camera is good, its little zoom does not do the job. So you can hardly see it, but trust me it was there.

just a reminder of what the elk looks like!
What do you say about the fall color - words fail. It's magnificent and so short lived.

Lots of deer around for their last few weeks. They leave for other parts not to be seen again here until spring.

All is quiet with no company at the house for a few days. Mark has gone to Vermont on a guys golf trip and I am getting back to painting, reading, and writing. Been neglectful on reporting books read. Black Diamond by Martin Walker - his great 3rd book on Chief Bruno and his French murder mysteries, and C'est la Vie, a memoir of Paris by Suzy Gershman, also very entertaining. And for those who are worried about the chipmunks while Mark is gone, I am throwing out bread, which I'm sure is only sort of fine - I'm not communing on the bench with them. Ah, well.


No comments:

Post a Comment