Sunday, August 26, 2012

BEAR #2, more jeeping, and end of summer fun

Yes, ANOTHER bear sighting. I'm starting with the most recent event first. Can you believe it! First, it is a black bear, even though brown in color, and anyone recognize the place?  Roaring Judy Hatchery. We drove down to see if the salmon had started coming in, and there was Mister Bear. We stayed 10 minutes with me snapping away as he caught trout after trout in the ditches. No dummy this one... And there are bear warning signs all around the hatchery, but in all the times Mark's been, he's never seen one.

Mister Bear hiding from us
Aw shucks, they've seen me
Ready,set, go
Got one!
Shoo magpie
Mine, all mine
Back from Colorado Springs and even though short, it was a really good trip. Dad is holding his own, and Mom and I did a bit of shopping.While we were away, the baby owls decided to vamoose to parts unknown. No more night shrieking. I'm a little sad actually. Quite an experience probably never to be repeated.

rain and heavy clouds for Star Mt.
Went on a jeeping trip yesterday which was supposed to finish at Ptarmigan lake via Tellurium Creek. Nope, had to turn around. We'd had a lot of rain during the night and this turned the rocky creek bed into slippery mud mess. So on to  plan B. We went all the way up Taylor River Rd to the very end. Never had done that. It's beautiful, had a nice picnic, Mark fished and caught some brookies, and I painted. Also stopped at Spring Creek Reservoir to check it out. Beautiful there as well. Nice when plan B works out.

Spring Creek Reservoir
Went to CB farmers market for our usual Sunday trek. Heirloom tomatoes, fresh bread,but  no eggs nor egg guy booth. Hmm... The egg supply project is not going well so far. Ate at Sunflower Deli (I've been many times, but Mark had not, so it counts on the trying out new places). I always like it, and while Mark isn't a sandwich eater really, liked the fresh stuff.

start of Ohio Pass
CB organic community garden
And people from other parts of the country ask me what there is to do here in the summer. Let's see: Hiking, rock climbing, fishing, kayaking, canoeing, white water rafting, mountain climbing, 4 wheeling, mountain biking, horseback riding, hot air ballooning, zip-lining, jeeping, camping, and then there's the eating and the quaint shopping. And, by the way, just relaxing works too. I know there's more I've forgotten. Those in the know, send me what I'm missing!




No comments:

Post a Comment