Thursday, March 1, 2012

Back at Star Mountain

March 1st and finally posting. I am back at Star Mt. after a crazy schedule of wrapping up and packing up from the condo in Naples to drive across the country to Colo Springs before I headed to Star Mt. and Mark headed for Detroit. A small miracle while we were there - my father actually was able to come for a home visit at my mother's, walking in on his own two feet. Terrific to see him a bit better. His future is very unknown, so we are grateful for this respite.

Oyster House
McBrides 
With the three day drive came reward. The Oyster House outside Mobile, AL (terrific seafood) and a new fantastic local steak place (hand cut dry aged beef) in Wichita Falls - McBrides. A definitely local, cowboy kind of place. Both are worthwhile stops if you're ever in the area.

What a joy to be at Star Mt. Snow has come in and the snowblower is in use. In between snows I did a little snowshoeing (actually more than a little, and blazed a trail - very hard work, gorgeous out there though). Mark comes back tomorrow - a giant hurray. He will actually be around for two weeks, another miracle of sorts...

A couple of late Penny pics. I'll be back to see her in April I think. I will expect giant changes- again.

No comments:

Post a Comment