Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Snow and inviting fire in the fireplace - in May!

Well, this really should not have caught me by surprise. All I had to do is look back at my May posts last year to see that in fact around here snow comes in May. So we have snow, actually quite pretty, but because it's a wet heavy spring snow I had to shovel the part of the deck where the show slides off the roof. Only had three inches but snow off the roof was two feet. Oh poor me, Mark is in Detroit, had to do it myself. Boo hoo...

Lovely fire going all day. That is also a "thing" that Mark usually does, so my fire starting skills were a little rusty, but got it going finally. More snow coming tonight. Shoveling skills probably needed tomorrow.

Elk on our next hill yesterday morning and then back late afternoon until the light was so dim I couldn't see anymore.No sightings today - probably hiding in the trees wondering what happened to the warm sunny weather.
Farm pickup yesterday. Eggs and the first monthly mixed meat pickup. I was very curious to see what the meat would entail  - smoked ham, bacon, lots of ground beef, and lamb shank. Hmmm, know what to do with all of it except the lamb shank. Recipe search coming up.
Lastly, have to add 3 books that I somehow finished in the craziness of leaving Naples. #10-12 Mystery Mile by Margery Allington written in the 30's, good, a little too stylized for me however. Slayer of Gods by Lynda S. Robinson - another in her Egyptian murder mystery series - always good. And Love and Louis XIV - the women in the life of the Sun King by Antonia Fraser. Really well researched book with lots of new information I didn't know. They were all nuts back then - that I already knew...

No comments:

Post a Comment