Sunday, October 25, 2009

Dazzling snow







Oh my, more snow overnight, this time an inch. Whee! We did our usual walk and saw elk this morning, but they are so skittish they moved out of sight in the blink of an eye. No photo for me...



Lots of tracks in the snow today. Rabbit, chipmunk, deer, elk, coyote, and fox. Coyote tracks were up our driveway and close to the house underneath the deck. It seems so quiet but evidently there's a whole world of animal activity going on out there.
Speaking of animals, you remember the lost horses roaming here? Well, they're not gone, as a matter of fact, seem to be hanging out fairly close to the old mining cabins. Someone obviously has put them in here, but I can't figure out why. As soon as the winter really hits, they will not be able to find food. I can only assume that their owner will come take them back - probably soon.
Our highs are now low 50's. This little bit of snow that keeps appearing every morning may be yet another new pattern. All I know is twice as much snow shows up in November as October. Which reminds me I have to go and spread my remaining packet of wildflower seed in our one flower bed we lined this summer. Snow is the great insulator for them.

1 comment: